Search my Blog

Thursday 9 February 2012

Digipak making.

My digipak is a 4 pannel digipak with a front and back cover and two inside pannels of which one of these holds the CD itself.

The front pannel is an image of the artist with his leg bent up against the wall, i did a lot of research to identify a good idea for the front cover that matches the genre of the track. I have seen a few oher british hip hop artists that do a similar thing in their posters and front covers.

If you look further down my blog you will see examples.

This is the finished product of my digipak front cover:







The back cover was a slightly difficult one to do.

I had to do a track list that fitted the genre and that would fit in the list that would fit onto one line as to not ruin the flow of the context.


I also did some research into what to write at the bottom as regards to copyright etc.

Here is the finished back cover of my digipak:


The middle pannel that holds the disc i kept very simple as having lots of writing and special effects would be wasted as the CD will be covering it most of the time. I therefore added a stensel from a graffiti photograph i had taken and this image features in my video and will act as a visual motif for the arist in future videos.

Here is the finished article for the CD pannel.




The other middle pannel is my favourite but also one of the hardest to do. I have done quite a lot of research and all of the ones i have looked at have had completely different things! I got the image for the pannel from a photograph i took when doing my first video shoot. It is of a gate with graffiti on it and it fits the genre perfectly!

As it is a blak canvass except for the writing it made it really easy to sharpen the image and put on effects to make the image look even more proffessional.

The writing I added was hard to think of and I kept it very simple to make it fit the genre and to fit the image well.

Here is the finished middle pannel:





When all added together it looks like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment